Non-executive Directors (3)
Member Directors (2)
Non-member Director (1)
With over 2,000 members, the Australian & New Zealand College of Paramedicine (ANZCP)’s primary objects are to:
- enhance the paramedic profession through education and research
- develop and implement innovative learning solutions and opportunities for our members
- enhance member experience, engagement and relationships; and
- increase the awareness of and the influence of the College
Due to current Director roles falling vacant, we are now seeking applications from suitably skilled and committed individuals who can bring a range of skills, energy and a contemporary mindset to complement that of our current directors.
Board composition and meetings
ANZCP has a skills-based Board comprised of six elected Directors – three College member Directors and three non-member Directors on staggered three year terms. The Board may appoint up to a further two Directors on twelve-month terms.
ANZCP director roles are voluntary, albeit reasonable travel and other expenses are met.
The Board meets approximately 8/9 times per year, including up to four full-day face-to-face meetings, usually held in Sydney on Saturdays. Depending on the individual skill set, directors may also be expected to participate in sub-committees of the Board.
The expected time commitment is 15 to 20 days in total per annum, including attendance at meetings, preparation for meetings, involvement with Board committees and activities.
There are currently three (3) Director positions available in total:
- two (2) member positions – for which applicants must be a General Member of the College (Member, Fellow, Life Member) and meet the skill requirement of the College.
- 1 x three year term
- 1 x two year term
- one (1) non-member position – where applicants cannot be a College member and will come from outside the paramedic profession, and meet the skill requirements of the College
- 1 x three year term
To compliment current Board’s skill mix, we are particularly interested in applicants able to demonstrate both skills and a proven track record of meaningful outcomes in relation to:
- strategy development and successful implementation;
- relevant, successful commercial experience;
- financial management; and
- innovation in service development, ideally in a member services context.
Financial literacy is a must and previous Board experience would be an advantage.
Prior qualifications from a recognised Board governance education provider, while not essential, would be highly regarded.
A full position description expanding on the required skills and personal attributes for ANZCP Directors can be found by clicking here
Note: Individual Directors do not have to meet all of the Collective Skills listed in the position description; the goal is for a Board of Directors that can meet the collective skill set to ensure the success of the College.
Why Apply for a Member-Director Role?
Whether you are an experienced director or are looking to commence your non-executive/ independent director career, Member-Director role provide an excellent opportunity to expand your professional experience while supporting fellow ANZCP members and contributing to the future of your profession.
All Director applicants are required to complete the ANZCP Director Declaration form, which can be accessed via this link
To apply, please send your completed Director Declaration form, your resume and a covering letter that briefly describes how your achievements and skills meet the skills and qualities outlined above and in the position description to:
John Bruning, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 5th September 2018.
Feel free to contact John Bruning on 0419 419 085 if you wish to discuss the Director positions available.
The successful applicant(s) will, prior to appointment, need to provide a satisfactory national police clearance.