The College seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) for a new international peer-reviewed scholarly research journal focussing on paramedicine and associated clinical and educational disciplines.
- Oversee the initiation of a peer-reviewed international paramedicine journal
- Provide overall direction for the journal through strategic planning and implementation
- Ensure workflow and process accountability and performance
- Manage a team of associate editors and the editorial board
- Establish and maintain editorial policies and procedures
- Ensure a transparent, fair, and equitable manuscript submission and peer-review system
- Make editorial decisions with reasonable speed and communicate them in a clear and constructive manner
- Liaise with and report to ANZCP Board
- Liaise with the journal publisher to ensure effective business model and performance
- Implement and oversee continuous quality improvement (QI)
- Grow journal metrics and pursue indexation in recognised relevant databases in partnership with the journal publisher
- Lobby within the discipline and associated disciplines, domestically and internationally, to promote the journal and attract high-quality submissions
The journal will publish international peer-reviewed research in the field of paramedicine and associated clinical, health, and disaster medicine, along with editorials, continuing professional development content, letters, perspectives, and commentaries addressing contemporary issues within these fields.
The establishment of the journal represents an exciting and unique opportunity to contribute to ANZCP’s ongoing commitment to enhancing research and evidence-based practice within the paramedicine discipline.
The EiC, supported by an editorial board and experienced publishing partner will be responsible for leading the establishment of a sustainable, high-quality peer-reviewed journal, and for guiding its strategic direction and ethos.
Applicants should ideally possess:
- Academic qualifications, preferably at the post-doctoral level
- A demonstrated track record in research and/or scholarly engagement
- High-level knowledge in areas relating to the journal’s scope of practice
- Excellent organisational and strategic planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to dedicate requisite time to Journal activities
Although editorial experience in medical or health journal publishing is desirable, it is not essential, as the EiC will be supported by an established publishing group and a soon-to-be appointed editorial board.
The EiC will be supported by an editorial manager and must be able to commit up to 20 hours per week to journal business. An annual honorarium may be available.
The successful applicant for EiC would be expected to assume their role in November 2018, and commit to an initial term of three (3) years.
Expressions of interest should be made in writing and forwarded by email to email@example.com by the closing date of Thursday 18th October. Anyone who wishes discuss the role can contact the College General Manager, John Bruning, on 0419 419 085.
Interested applicants should include a letter describing their interest in and suitability for the position, as well as a complete curriculum vitae.