The College seeks expressions of interest from suitably experienced College members to be part of a volunteer team of educators to provide training for paramedics in Sri Lanka in early November 2018.
The College is working with Dr Sanj Fernando (College Fellow) and the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians to assist in the establishment of a program of paramedic education for Sri Lanka’s paramedics.
The successful person will deliver Basic Life Support training and skills stations to Sri Lankan paramedics as part of a multidisciplinary team. Many aspects of this project are not fully known, such as the full extent of the knowledge level of paramedics and level of resourcing to be made available locally, so this will clearly be a challenging training project and will require significant flexibility and training skills to achieve a successful outcome.
Applicants should ideally possess:
- Authority to practice as a paramedic
- A qualification in education/training (desirable)
- Minimum 5 years experience of delivering paramedic training courses/sessions
- Ability to modify training and delivery on the go to meet the needs of learners
- Experience in delivering training to different cultures and working with different customs
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel to Sri Lanka in early November and be away for 4 to 7 days
- Must be a member of ANZCP
This is an exciting opportunity for a volunteer with a desire for a unique development experience. The College will be providing a travel bursary to assist the successful applicant attend Sri Lanka.
Expressions of interest can be made by using the form below or via email to email@example.com by the closing date of Friday 28th September. Anyone who wishes discuss the role can contact the College General Manager, John Bruning, on 0419 419 085.
Interested applicants should include a letter describing their interest in and suitability for the position, as well as a complete curriculum vitae.