Professional Indemnity Insurance
ANZCP has in a place a comprehensive insurance policy for members who are Registered Paramedics, which provides combined professional indemnity (PI) and public liability (PL) insurance cover that meets the requirements of the Paramedicine Board of Australia.
This insurance policy is an add on to membership, with any member wishing to access the insurance cover required to pay an additional fee separate of membership. Ongoing membership with ANZCP is required to access the insurance and remain in the insurance program.
Details of insurance cover
- Civil liability cover
- Good Samaritans acts
- Voluntary services
- Australia-wide cover
- Automatic reinstatements
- Breach of privacy and confidentiality
- Inquiry costs
- Molestation defence costs
- Run-off cover
- 24-hour claims support
This insurance is designed to cover good Samaritan acts and voluntary services but also provides protection during employment, should the employer’s insurer be unable to indemnify you or the liabilities sit with the you, the Paramedic, on an individual basis, for an insurable and indemnifiable event under our policy.
This policy does not cover private practice, sole traders or small businesses – you need to take out your own policy to cover your specific scope of practice.
- Professional Indemnity - $20,000,000 any one claim and $80,000,000 in the aggregate
- Public and Products Liability - $20,000,000 any one claim and in the aggregate
View the policy proposal
View the policy wording
- Cost is $18.21 from 11 January 2020 through to 1 March 2020
- You must be a financial member of ANZCP and a Registered Paramedic to access this insurance program
Note: A new policy from 1 March 2020 will be established under the Australiasian College of Paramedicine. More information will be sent closer to the date.
You must login to the ANZCP first before completeing an application form. Please click here to login.