• Full-time, Part-time & Casual positions available
• Flexible work arrangements
• Exciting area of practice
As a Registered Paramedic working for St John Ambulance, we will offer you the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with a flexible lifestyle and a pathway to expand your skills in line with your education and professional growth. This role is perfect for individuals wanting a flexible way to maintain or grow their clinical practice that is unlike traditional work in a public ambulance service. Practising as a Paramedic in our new environments comes with unexpected and exciting challenges that will offer you moments to shine, as well as time to enjoy the working week without the pressure of work on road. Clinical practice in the Sydney Trains Network will mean an exceptional expansion of your skills and experience in community, acute mental health, and extended-care style practice, mixed with the occasional critically unwell patient.
Working for St John Ambulance NSW offers a different experience of Paramedicine; one that allows you to truly enjoy clinical practice and caring for patients again.
St John Ambulance NSW is proud to have hundreds of years of history behind our organisation as humanitarian innovators and champions of compassionate care for the sick and injured. Today we are a dynamic organisation, brimming with new ideas and a willingness to adapt to the changing landscape of prehospital care. What makes working for St John Ambulance different is that all our profits are re-invested into our community activities; teaching CPR and first aid to thousands of people every year.
About the Role:
Reporting into the Event Health Services Manager, our Registered Paramedics will be delivering clinical care across the Sydney Trains Network to customers of the transport system. Registered Paramedics will be deployed at key Sydney Train stations during peak travel times and will be responsible for proactively caring for patients on the station platform and trains during these times. We pride ourselves on employing paramedics who appreciative the holistic aspects of community care; which involves assisting customers with simple questions as much as it requires a compassionate attitude towards acute mental illness presentations and medical emergencies.
This is part of the Sydney Trains commitment to rail safety for all, to assist Sydney Train customers who fall sick or are injured, in order to help maintain the integrity of the Train timetables.
• To provide paramedic care to patients within clinical scope
• Completion of Patient Care Records and Sydney Trains Incident Forms for all incidents and patient treatments
• Proactive observation and patrol of the allocated station during peak times, participating in risk and harm minimisation, suicide prevention, and monitoring customer movements
• Responding to Sydney Trains mobile phone for the Registered Paramedic at all times on the shift
• Following the direction of supervisors from Sydney Trains
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
• Current AHPRA Registration
• Experience in prehospital care
• An ability to build trusting relationships in a short amount of time
• Communication skills to effectively and collaboratively work as part of a team, and with customers and staff
• A passion for friendly communication and assisting not only patients, but all customers of the train network
• A manner which aligns with our values as a non-for-profit community-oriented organisation
• Hold a current NSW Working with Children Check
Full-time, Part-time & Casual positional are available.
If you’d like to express interest in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
St John NSW cares about keeping children and young people safe. Protecting and promoting the emotional, physical, cultural and spiritual wellbeing of children and young people is central to all aspects of the operations and culture of St John NSW
St John is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer