The College is pleased to advise of the formal establishment of the Paramedicine Board of Australia on Thursday 19th October and the appointment of the inaugural Chair, practitioner and community members.
In September the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Amendment Law 2017 passed the QLD parliament and this law recognised Paramedicine as the 15th Registered Health Profession and brought into effect the Paramedicine Board of Australia.
Earlier in the year, AHPRA called for applications for the inaugural Paramedicine Board of Australia, with 9 Directors (6 from the paramedic profession and 3 from the wider community).
Today, the Ministerial Council announced the appointment of the following people as inaugural Members of the Paramedicine Board.
- Associate Professor Stephen Gough ASM as practitioner member from Queensland and National Board Chair
- Ms Clare Beech as practitioner member from New South Wales
- Mr Keith Driscoll ASM as practitioner member from South Australia
- Associate Professor Ian Patrick ASM as practitioner member from Victoria
- Miss Angela Wright as practitioner member from Western Australia
- Mr Howard Wren ASM as practitioner member from a small jurisdiction: the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- Ms Carol Bennett as community member from the ACT
- Mrs Jeanette Barker (nee Evans) as community member from New South Wales
- Ms Linda Renouf as community member from Queensland
The Ministerial Council’s inaugural appointments to the National Board are made under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (the National Law) for a period of three years from 19 October 2017 and are subject to the eligibility requirements of the National Law.
The ANZCP Board expresses our congratulations to the paramedics and community members appointed to the inaugural Paramedicine Board of Australia. We especially congratulate ANZCP Director Clare Beech who is the paramedic representative appointment for NSW.
The Paramedicine Board will now develop and consult on the registration standards, codes and guidelines. You can find more detail about the steps that will be taken as we head towards registration on the College website here
For the full announcement of the Paramedicine Board click here
The College will continue to update members regularly via email and our website, ensuring you are kept informed and ready for Paramedic Registration.